Is this a good sentence?

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Fri Jan 18 14:32:36 UTC 2013

On Jan 18, 2013, at 7:15 AM, Jonathan Lighter wrote:

>> "I love me some him."
>
> If anybody ever said that, I'd vote it QOTY.
>
> Who's the verbal genius/moron responsible?
>
> JL

“I Love Me Some Him”, rendition by Toni Braxto, nlyrics by SoulShock & Karlin, Andrea Martin, and Gloria Stewart, with the chorus

I love me some him
I’ll never love this way again
I love me some you
Another man will never do

reached the top of the charts in 1997, and has been a snowclone ever since (try googling "I love me some").  It's also the title of an obscure 2008 paper ('"I love me some him": the landscape of non-argument datives') by some linguist or other, but s/he's probably not the genius/moron you're referring to. Cf. http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/nll/?p=1868 for related discussion.

LH