blowzy

Geoffrey Steven Nathan geoffnathan at WAYNE.EDU
Mon Jan 21 14:29:10 UTC 2013

I discussed this with my wife, Margaret Winters, who actually (occasionally) uses the word, normally with reference to a woman
Without telling her the context, I asked her what she meant by it. Her answer: 'slightly sloppy, unkempt, perhaps a little overweight'. Given the context this now makes perfect sense as a way for a presidential speech NOT to be at this time in our history.

Her suggestion for 'timeless' was, as someone suggested earlier, something like 'bland generalities, for the ages', as opposed to something addressing current problems.

FWIW

Geoff

Geoffrey S. Nathan
Faculty Liaison, C&IT