blowzy

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jan 23 13:07:13 UTC 2013

I've begun noticing /hau s at z/ too - but only recently.

If it was in use in NYC when I was growing up, I never noticed it. Nor do I
recall it being mentioned in linguistics classes when the greasy/greasy
variation was discussed.

The first time it caught my attention (can't say exactly when, probably on
cable news, probably within the last five years), I couldn't believe it.

JL