Heard: "I'm on *your* guys's side!" [NT]

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jan 23 18:52:40 UTC 2013

I've never heard  /yus/ either (that I've noticed), though I've heard / yuz
/ countless times.

In fact, it's surprising to see "yous" identified as belonging to "northern
Ohio and upper New York State."

In my youth, right after the Vowel Shift, it was stereotypically associated
with NYC, specifically with that quasi-mythical borough called Brooklyn,
home of Ralph Kramden and former home of the expatriate Chester Riley.

JL