"ample bits" and "pleather"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jan 29 03:54:07 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 9:02 PM, Joel S. Berson <Berson at att.net> wrote:
> "pleather"

I was reading a post in which the writer noted a lack of certainty as
to whether "pleather" was, in fact, leather, since it wouldn't
surprise him to discover that some scientist had come up with some
kind of _leather-looking_ synthetic.

For most of my life, I've been under the impression that this kind of
extension of "[funny-]looking" was peculiar to BE.

BTW, on tonight's 2 Broke Girls, the blond Girl says to a guy,

"I'm going to tear that ass *up*!"

as she's walking to him to dance with him.

That a woman should use this particular, *very* obscene construction
is just wrong on so many levels.

I love myself some language-change. :-(

--
-Wilson