"catfishing"--early WOTY candidate?

Thu Jan 31 06:02:32 UTC 2013

My latest Boston Globe column is on "catfishing" and other historical
parallels, including "gaslighting":

http://b.globe.com/catfishbz

And here's my Word Routes followup (citing our discussion here):

http://www.visualthesaurus.com/cm/wordroutes/when-life-imitates-the-movies-from-gaslighting-to-catfishing/

--
Ben Zimmer
http://benzimmer.com/