Non-uncountability of caff=?iso-8859-1?Q?=E9_?=latte

Tue Jul 2 05:22:29 UTC 2013

I talked to two native speakers of English today and got FB confirmation from two others that "I'm drinking caffé latte" is bad.

It seems that coffee drinks such as latte and mocha are count nouns, though the citations I found indicate that they might be in flux as they are being absorbed into the language.

Benjamin Barrett
Seattle, WA