paranoid

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jul 5 01:49:24 UTC 2013

Just so that we don't lose track, I'm assuming "absence of citations of
any sort from the 1970s " refers to citations to the movie. There are,
of course, plenty of citations through the 1970s, complete with 1967 and
1973 NYT mention of buttons, plus The attribution to Kissinger with the
initial use, supposedly, referenced in connection with Yom Kippur war. I
just checked the earlier posts on this thread and that's the basic
account. What is absent, however, are any citations to Heller or the
movie. It's possible that it appears in graffiti shown in the movie, but
it's a stretch.

     VS-)