Antedating of "Oral Sex"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jul 8 19:49:29 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 10:47 AM, Neal Whitman <nwhitman at ameritech.net>wrote:

> -linctus

This form may once have enjoyed a certain amount of popularity. I learned
_cunnilinctus_ in the '40's by reading books in my mother's library. She
was a psychiatric social worker and, back in those days, anything except
the missionary position was a "disordered paraphilia" requiring
professional help. I later *heard* _cunnilingus_ - naturally, I considered
it to be an "error," if only on etymological grounds - in the '50's.

IAC, between the reading of _cunnilinctus_ - and _anilinctus_ - in the
'40's and _oculolinctus_ today, I've read and heard only -lingus.

--
-Wilson
-----