Pigging out at Golden Corral's "troth"

Mon Jul 8 22:32:31 UTC 2013

Nice find especially with the "th" bonus. Out of 20 actual hits on Google, the earliest I find for "troth of food" is 2002: http://www.epinions.com/review/Loving_Family_Pony_Stable/content_75323313796?sb=1

-----
~ food ~ You don’t think that this Loving Family would have a pony without food for it, do you? Why of course not! One of the neat features with the Loving Family products is that they seem to think of everything. A blue troth measuring just a bit over 2 inches in length and an inch in width is included. While the front side of this troth features a heart design on the front, you will notice the pile of hay and bunch of carrots placed on the top. On the backside of this troth is a little hook which allows you to place this troth of food onto a portion of the fence. Or, you can simply let it lye on the ground for your pony to eat from.
-----

Urban Dictionary (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=troth) also has three definitions, one of which brings back the sense of "truth" that the OED has marked as obsolete.

"finger food-troth" in "Princess Papaya" 2004:
http://bit.ly/1a6QGys

"animal troth" in "Fragments Of Real Presence: Liturgical Traditions in the Hands of Women" 2005:
http://bit.ly/13xopCm

"pig troth" in "The Rise of the Saxons: And the Legend of Hengest and Horsa" 2008:
http://bit.ly/1a6PV8o

Benjamin Barrett
Seattle, WA

Learn Ainu! https://sites.google.com/site/aynuitak1/videos