Spanish dictionary update

David Barnhart dbarnhart at HIGHLANDS.COM
Fri Jul 26 16:16:11 UTC 2013

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/26/world/europe/a-continent-mired-in-crisis-c
oins-a-language-of-economic-pain.html?pagewanted=all
<http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/26/world/europe/a-continent-mired-in-crisis-
coins-a-language-of-economic-pain.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0> &_r=0

In this morning's NYT, p A6

". The one word that nearly everyone across Europe shares is 'troika,'
referring to the three international creditors . that hard-pressed citizens
from Lisbon to Athens blame for their troubles."

My recollection of first hearing _troika_ used figuratively in English is
from a speech given at the UN by Khrushchev-memorable, as I recall, for his
taking off his shoe and banging it on the rostrum.

Regards,

David

barnhart at highlands.com