Swapped "tease" and "spoil"

Thu Jun 20 22:12:14 UTC 2013

In the domain of music it seems that to tease a song means to play
part of the song but refrain from playing the full song. Fans of the
Grateful Dead and Phish use this expression.

Here are some raw matches from Usenet:

April Fool's Show Stories
rec.music.gdead  -  31 posts  -  25 authors  - Last post:  Mar 3, 1995
They teased the Dark Star but held off of playing it. The next day at
the April Fool's show, the 2nd set opened China-> Rider, LL Rain, and
then, again more Dark ...
http://groups.google.com/g/3eb7feeb/t/85d482d169796631/d/4155472874306ebc

Did Allman Bros. play St. Stephen?
rec.music.gdead  -  9 posts  -  8 authors  - Last post:  Mar 25, 1996
ON 3/9/96, they teased st. stephen for about 4 mins. during liz reed.
They teased it again during true gravity on 3/17/96. And on 3/3/96,
they teased the other one ...
http://groups.google.com/g/3eb7feeb/t/50423404532172c4/d/80dd3c535b5b4574

Dark Star tease with drums/space?
rec.music.gdead  -  4 posts  -  4 authors  - Last post:  Mar 21, 1996
At the second show I went to, they teased the hell out of the Other
One. I was so bummed. I thought I would never hear it! Well, about 20
Other Ones later, I wish I ...
http://groups.google.com/g/3eb7feeb/t/c8823ad3dba0a015/d/6b3ebe56ccbe2fcd

Garson