in-group language

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Mar 5 11:57:49 UTC 2013

> Do you'll

That's the hypercorrect form of "y'all," right?

The has long been a familiar "thingie," as young folks say, but I can't say
I've ever heard a specific name for it. I guess "etic" and "emic" could be
poked till they fit. Emicity? Eticity?

JL