"drone" (v. trans.)

Martin Kaminer martin.kaminer at GMAIL.COM
Thu Mar 14 23:35:48 UTC 2013

Rather curious usage example given here:

drone
verb [I]     /drÉ™Ê n/    /droÊ n/

Definition
› to make a low continuous noise that does not change its note:

An airplane droned in the background.

(Definition of drone verb from the Cambridge Advanced Learner's
Dictionary & Thesaurus © Cambridge University Press)

So I suppose then from what we've heard drones do in fact drone, in
some cases rather loudly.

I still prefer the tambura.