New/old racist etymology

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Fri Mar 15 16:34:51 UTC 2013

Another oscillation in a cyclic phenomenon.  See

Rael, Patrick. “Introduction,” in
African-American Activism before the Civil War:
The Freedom Struggle in the Antebellum North, ed.
Patrick Rael (New York: Routeledge, 2008), 18.

Rael, Patrick, Black Identity & Black Protest in
the Antebellum North (Chapel Hill: The University
of North Carolina Press, 2002), 85.

And for a discussion of changing terminology in
the now-expired twentieth century:

“A Note on Terminology,” in Black American
Reference Book, ed. Mabel M. Smythe (Englewood
Cliffs, N.J.: Prentice-Hall, 1976), xi---xii.

Joel