immersive

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Mar 17 13:54:25 UTC 2013

The technical sense presumably came first, but here it means "thoroughly
absorbing." Anything more would be distracting and gratuitous.

Try this for size:
 http://www.moviemail.com/blog/cinema-reviews/1009-Elena-immersive-filmmaking-from-the-director-of-The-Return/<http://www.moviemail.com/blog/cinema-reviews/1009-Elena-immersive-filmmaking-from-the-director-of-The-Return/>

Come to think of it, the word may have started its comeback long ago in
connection with "full-immersion" language teaching.

JL