"accuser" = 'victim'

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Mar 18 11:49:19 UTC 2013

>"The AP also does not generally identify people who say they were victims
of sex crimes."

I believe part of the reason for this sort of sentence is to emphasize the
personhood of victims. Another factor is that not everyone who claims to be
a victim of a "sex crime" is necessarily a victim or - more significantly -
the victim of the accused.

JL