twitterrati plus request

Dan Goncharoff thegonch at GMAIL.COM
Sun Mar 24 13:05:51 UTC 2013

I find the Wodehouse usage unclear, which also means I can't even try to
refute it.

Billboard has a clear 1946 usage:

http://books.google.com/books?id=GxoEAAAAMBAJ&pg=PT71&dq=%22blow+the+whistle+on%22&hl=en&sa=X&ei=wvdOUdTRBOLI0wGzrYDABw&ved=0CFkQ6AEwBw

"A three-card monte dealer once told me never to *blow the whistle on* another
man's grift."

To me, this feels more like a cop's whistle than a ref's.

DanG