"icon"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sat May 4 23:42:26 UTC 2013

Honestly, I don't think "martyr" or "idol" has anything to do with it.

It's just an obnoxious broadening of the current _icon_ combined with a
vagueness almost equally obnoxious.

And maybe it'll go away soon.

But wait...it isn't only CNN:

http://www.upi.com/Entertainment_News/Music/2013/05/03/Mountain-Dew-drops-Lil-Wayne-over-Emmett-Till-lyric/UPI-66131367625923/