cicadapocolypse

David K. Barnhart dbarnhart at HIGHLANDS.COM
Fri May 10 13:23:30 UTC 2013

http://bowie.patch.com/articles/when-are-cicadas-hatching-in-bowie

Within the next few weeks, hordes of insects will awaken from a 17-year
slumber, crawl out of the earth, shed their skins, and set the entire East
Coast abuzz in an plague-like event enthusiasts have dubbed the
"Cicadapocalypse" after the bugs' name, cicadas.

Henry Powderly and Tierney McAfee,  "When Are Cicadas Hatching in Bowie?

Everything you need to know about these noisy bugs before they awaken from
their 17-year hibernation,"

_Bowie Patch_ (Google News), May 10, 2013 (?).

In the Urban dictionary with a date: May 21, 2007

My Nexis connection is down so I can't give that source just yet.

DKB

barnhart at highlands.com