literally, again

Wed May 15 21:07:35 UTC 2013

The article places the label "WRONG" on the following use of "literally":

I literally can't wrap my head around it!

Yet, it is acceptable to treat this negative statement as accurate in
a literal sense. It would be difficult to wrap one's head around
anything in a physical sense. Perhaps "I wrapped my head around my
cerebellum" might work for a neonate with developing skull plates.
Maybe the writer noticed the presence of a metaphor and did not
attempt any further analysis.

Garson