"offshore" as preposition?

Dan Goncharoff thegonch at GMAIL.COM
Mon May 20 16:44:41 UTC 2013

As you might imagine, one sees onshore used the same way:

"The Bakr W G1 and Bakr W H fields were discovered onshore the Gulf of Suez
in Eocene reservoirs by the General Petroleum Company (GPC)."
Geology of North Africa - Page
14<http://books.google.com/books?id=Oogm1anCJ_cC&pg=PA14&dq=%22onshore+the%22&hl=en&sa=X&ei=plGaUbmTNK3d4AOLr4DwBA&ved=0CDIQ6AEwATgK>
books.google.com/books?isbn=0415874203
E. Tawadros<https://www.google.com/search?sa=N&biw=1024&bih=649&tbm=bks&tbm=bks&q=inauthor:%22E.+Tawadros%22&ei=plGaUbmTNK3d4AOLr4DwBA&ved=0CDQQ9AgwATgK>
-
2011

The Gentleman's Magazine, and Historical Chronicle - Volume 70, Part 2 -
Page 671
books.google.com/books?id=JKVJAAAAYAAJ, dated July 1800

11, we chased a French frigate, which ran onshore the West side of the
river Tom- beau, a'<out three mile; from Por; Louis in that island [ after
firing several hrna Isides X hec site cut away her roasts ; at seven P. M.
the boats were sent to ...

DanG