Deictic 'go'

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Wed Nov 6 18:46:12 UTC 2013

When the Starbucks barista this noon handed me my latte, he said
"Here you go."  Another case of focus on the action(s):  handing me
my drink; expecting me to take it somewhere (whether drink-in or drink-out).

If he had put it down on the counter before I arrived, I would have
expected him to say "Here/there it is".

Joel