a scup; scupping (attn: Jesse)

W Brewer brewerwa at GMAIL.COM
Mon Nov 18 23:56:32 UTC 2013

The real JB: <<Excuse me, sir,* but you're telling the wrong person..>>
WB:  Damn threads.
JB: << Dutch...  the closest language to English (as well as the closest
country
to England)?>>
WB: Well, 'Mercan might rank closer, 'Strine a somewhat less(er)
intelligible cousin. All seriousness aside, a linguistic distance chart
would be elucidative, as to which language levels would be interlingually
more or less compatible. "It is not so simple as you think," as the
inscrutable Chinese are wont to say to me on any given occasion.