"will have" = "must have; did"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Nov 19 21:42:58 UTC 2013

British meddling with hallowed verb tense at another site:

"One can go on about German or Belgian atrocities in Africa etc but we
weren't exactly lily-white handed ourselves. Not even going into how many
countless native Africans will have died at the hands of British troops...."

Have seen this construction before, but this ex. unusually clear-cut.

My mere impression, FWIW, is that it's rather recent and growing in
popularity.

JL