OT: Thanksgivukah calendar question was Re: Going viral? Thanksgivukkah; and WOTSY

Amy West medievalist at W-STS.COM
Wed Nov 27 14:16:36 UTC 2013

On 11/27/13 12:00 AM, Automatic digest processor wrote:
> But to get back on topic:
>
> 1)  I nominate "Thanksgivukkah" as the Word of the 77,798th Year.

So I've seen bandied about the factoid? that Thanksgivukah won't happen
again for "79,000" years. Given  that this year is 77,798 in the Jewish
calendar, I'm wondering if people are misreading/misunderstanding that
it will happen again in the year 79,XXX. It last happened about 130
years ago. . .

---Amy West