OT? A fiendish NYTimes crossword puzzle

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Fri Oct 4 15:24:41 UTC 2013

Can anyone remember the exact details of the NYTimes crossword puzzle
about which all I can remember is the following, which is probably inaccurate?

Across, the name of a U.S. president.

Down, I think in a crossing word, the amount of the U.S. paper money
bill on which that president's face appears.

E.g.:  Across would be "Lincoln", down would be an answer containing
the letters "five".  Across the clue might have been "Home of the
baseball Nats", the answer would be "Washington".

Used seven times, for each of the seven lowest-denominated U.S. bills.

Considering that "Washington" contains 10 letters, I think it must
have been a Sunday puzzle.  Appeared some time within the last several months.

Joel