Answered! [ADS-L] OT? A fiendish NYTimes crossword puzzle

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Fri Oct 4 15:37:39 UTC 2013

I have managed to solve my puzzle myself.

A single square is used dually, as follows:

Across: the name of a U.S. president.  E.g., clue is "Neighbor of
Archie Bunker"; answer is "GeorgeJefferson" (in 7 squares).
Down is the dollar amount of the U.S. paper money bill on which that
president's face appears.  E.g., clue is "'Terrible' toddler time";
answer is "Agetwo" (in 6 squares).

Joel