"mnemonic possession" (UNCLASSIFIED)

Mullins, Bill CIV (US) william.d.mullins18.civ at MAIL.MIL
Fri Oct 25 18:55:38 UTC 2013

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

> At 10/25/2013 01:32 PM, Mullins, Bill CIV (US) wrote:
> >M-I-crooked letter-crooked letter-I-crooked letter-crooked
> >letter-I-humpback-humpback-I
>
> Is this really more mnemonicable than "Mis-sis-sippi"?!  And one has
> visualize the dromedary; otherwise, it would spell "Mississibbi".

Maybe not, yet it is the one that I remember, having been taught it when
I was 7 or 8 or so.  (and you don't have to visualize a dromedary; from
pronunciation, you know there is a "p" and the only question is "how
many?" -- the mnemonic answers it.)