tent-pissing follow-up

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Wed Sep 4 02:19:45 UTC 2013

At 9/3/2013 09:42 PM, ADSGarson O'Toole wrote:
>Indeed, it is possible that this is not an "Arab proverb". It might
>simply be a modern saying that mentions a camel.

I am skeptical that LBJ invented a proverb that involved a camel
(although someone else might have).  Wouldn't LBJ have picked an
animal more common in Texas, such as a sheep or goat?

OTOH, I wrote in a previous message that my memory of the allegedly
Arab proverb must go back earlier than 1989.  It may actually go back
to LBJ's use.  Proving nothing, of course, except that my memory is poor.

Joel