Quotation? (time travel's strongest counterargument)

Tue Sep 10 22:17:06 UTC 2013

Here are some raw GB matches that show a quotation Hawking may have
written or said. But I haven't found solid evidence yet:

Engineering & Science - Volume 55 - Page 21
books.google.com/books?id=kylIAQAAIAAJ
1991 - Snippet view - More editions
But the best evidence we have that time travel is not possible and
never will be, is that we have not been invaded by hordes of tourists
from the future. means that a tiny change in the initial situation can
lead to change in the subsequent ...

Nonlinear problems in relativity and cosmology - Page 184
books.google.com/books?id=HJhFAAAAYAAJ
J. Robert Buchler, Steven Detweiler, James R. Ipser - 1991 -
Snippet view - More editions
... of physics will always prevent the creation of CTCs.5 He has also
suggested (half facetiously) that "there is strong experimental
evidence in favour of this conjecture in the fact we have not been
invaded by hordes of tourists from the future."