Anecdote: When I wrote it, only God and I knew the meaning; now God alone knows

Wed Sep 25 17:40:49 UTC 2013

Great! Thank you very much, Stephen. The word "uninteresting" does
change the coloration of the anecdote. There is a slightly earlier
August 9 instance in the database "19th Century British Newspapers:
Gale" here:

THE MIRROR OF FASHION .
The Morning Chronicle (London, England), Wednesday, August 9, 1826; Issue 17755.

Garson