Quote: Let=?windows-1252?Q?=92s_?=all go to see Miss Hepburn and hear her run the gamut of emotions from A to B! (Jan 6, 1934)

Sat Sep 28 16:17:30 UTC 2013

Addendum about the spelling in the April 25, 1935 article excerpt (see
further below):

The term "daubts" appears in the digital image. It probably was
supposed to be "doubts". Some columnists, e.g., Walter Winchell, used
idiosyncratic spellings. I do not know if O. O. McIntyre used "daubts"
deliberately. It was probably a typo in the original newspaper.

The almanac name given in the article was "Hostetter's almanac" and
not "Hosteller's almanac". The incorrect version I gave previously was
due to an uncorrected OCR error.

Various editions of "Hostetter's Illustrated United States Almanac"
are available in Google Books; however, many are in snippet view. It
is unclear why almanacs from before 1922 are in snippet view. Some are
issues are available in the Internet Archive in full view.

Thanks to Stephen off-list for asking about these spellings.

Garson