Adidas -- All Day I dream about . . . (UNCLASSIFIED)

Mullins, Bill CIV (US) william.d.mullins18.civ at MAIL.MIL
Fri Apr 11 17:40:13 UTC 2014

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Barry Popik recently posted on the backronym:  Adidas = All Day I Dream About Sex/Soccer/Sports, taking it back to 1993.
http://www.barrypopik.com/index.php/new_york_city/entry/all_day_i_dream_about_sports/

>From Newsbank:

The Dallas Morning News - Tuesday, April 28, 1987 p 1b

"To me, it's better to win and hurt a little, than lose and hurt a lot,' says Crenshaw, who has written 'all day I dream about state' vertically from each letter in the word Adidas on his cleats."

St. Petersburg Times - Tuesday, August 23, 1988 p 4

" "It seems like I've always loved soccer," she said.  When she was 8 years old, Tina wrote a letter to adidas telling the company just how much. She wrote a letter using each of the letters to spell out a message: "All Day I Dream About Soccer." "

USA TODAY - Tuesday, May 16, 1989 p 1d
" For instance, everywhere he goes, he asks kids if they know a double meaning for the sneaker name Adidas - and everywhere he goes, the kids know it means "All day I dream about sex." "