informatics

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Tue Apr 15 14:58:26 UTC 2014

As for newness and invention, according to the OED Online it's nearly
50 years old, from 1967.  And probably invented by practitioners, not
an institution of higher learning.

(The construction as a plural seems to be Jon's invention -- I don't
find it on the Adelphi page.  Unless he means that there are several
sub-areas, "health informatics" being one.)

Joel