Latest on "negro"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sat Apr 26 02:07:38 UTC 2014

On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 8:45 PM, victor steinbok <aardvark66 at gmail.com>wrote:

> I was recently called a racist in a G+ exchange because I did not
> capitalize "black". Apparently, the guy wasn't kidding.
>

>From the days of Black "Power" until very recently - just this year, in
fact - the EBONY/Jet stylebook called for "Black" and "White." Perhaps
thence comes that shithead's opinion that the b *must* be upper case, as
though any of this was other than merely some random asshole's personal
opinion. The mags have now knuckled under to <ugh!> "African-American" WRT
the former. As you know, the Wilson stylebook, over that same period, has
called for lower case in the use of either word.

As for the putz who took you to task, Виктор, I quote the mantra of an Army
buddy:

"The world is full of assholes!"

--
-Wilson