Confusion, even at the highest level

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Fri Aug 1 01:20:29 UTC 2014

Maybe just variation rather than confusion, like "Barack Obama said today...   The President went on to argue…"  (Assuming that the sets denoted by "African-Americans" and "Blacks" are identical; otherwise, it is pretty confusing without further clarification of whether the latter category includes immigrants from Vancouver, say, and/or the former includes white South Africans, both of which I strongly doubt.)

LH