"Growler"

paul johnson paulzjoh at MTNHOME.COM
Fri Aug 1 03:01:48 UTC 2014

Sometime during the second world war I felt pretty proud and a sign of
growing up when my grandfather sent me three blocks to the local tavern
in Chicago to get him a beer.  A growler then was a squat bucket with a
lid and a bail handle, maybe held a quart and a half of beer.  I was
probably 6 or 7.  Later on I read that was called "Rushing the Growler"

--
FAR BETTER TO BURN OUT, THAN FADE AWAY.