"When you _victim-blame_..."

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sat Aug 2 12:46:12 UTC 2014

The syntax is useful because it saves space, time, and breath.

It's easier to write or say "victim blame" than "blame the victim."
Moreover, it puts the action verb in the stronger clause-final position.

Like to "early vote," the trend is becoming broader than classical
"back-formation," as Arnold has undoubtedly observed.

JL