"Growler"

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Sat Aug 2 22:42:56 UTC 2014

I've posted on this subject several months ago as debates rage in
craft-beer communities over the names of different containers, e.g., the
name of the quart growler.

Generally, any screwtop or poptop reusable glass container for beer that
is larger than 750ml is referred to as growler. In Florida, legal
growlers are 32 oz and 1 gal. The half-gallon size is illegal.

Several companies tried to use thick-walled 2L soda bottles and refer to
them as plastic growlers.

     VS-)