QUILTBAG (UNCLASSIFIED)

Mullins, Bill CIV (US) william.d.mullins18.civ at MAIL.MIL
Thu Aug 7 15:50:41 UTC 2014

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

When I read it, the similarity to "douchebag" immediately popped into mind.  I can't think of any word used to refer to people that ends in -bag that wouldn't run the risk of being perceived as pejorative (scumbag, "you old bag", dirtbag, windbag).  Moneybags, maybe, is positive.

See OED:
Bag -- slang (orig. U.S.). A disparaging term for a woman; (originally) a sexually promiscuous woman; (later) an unattractive or elderly woman; = baggage n. 6.

Quiltbag may carry too much baggage to gain traction.

But, as Wilson says,
Youneverknow.