sammie - babytalk

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Sun Aug 17 12:57:56 UTC 2014

My son would say "samrich" and we did so as well.   Just for fun.  Language is puckish.
I wonder how much baby talk affects language.
My guess is that "awe-dropping" in USA is a effect of babytalk in that "awe" is a bit difficult to pronounce, so "ah" is substituted, and the trend continues.  Note that "r" is a bit difficult to pronounce and there is a lot of "r-dropping" around.  I'm just sayin'.  I wonder if Bubba knows?

Tom Zurinskas, Conn 20 yrs, Tenn 3, NJ 33, now FL 12.See how English spelling links to sounds at http://justpaste.it/ayk