YouTube caption

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Mon Aug 18 06:28:56 UTC 2014

The "baby horse" is really young. But ut appears to be nale and mature for
kits apparent ahem given tha it attempts to mount a mare. But my question
is rendered nugatory by definitions like the following, from an on-line
dictionary:

"An example of a colt is a _baby horse_."

Ey wa-la.

Youneverknow.

On Sun, Aug 17, 2014 at 7:28 PM, Laurence Horn <laurence.horn at yale.edu>
wrote:

> -----------------------
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Subject:      Re: YouTube caption

> On Aug 17, 2014, at 7:02 PM, Wilson Gray wrote:
>
> > "Funny _Baby Horse_"
> >=20
> > Is the word, "colt," now obsolete? What about "foal"?
>
> Not obsolete, just not widely known in urban/suburban America (esp. =
> "foal", I'd wager). =20
>
> LH

-Wilson
-----