Precise Citation for Major Antedating of Euphemistic Sense of "Make Love"

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Sun Aug 24 00:30:15 UTC 2014

Does anyone know the history of "faire l'amour"? I was speculating earlier that it may have undergone the same shift earlier than, and hence been a catalyst for, "make love".  What I'd need is the French counterpart of the OED, but if anything like that is accessible online I don't know where or how.

LH