Query (3rd and final try): Origin of "give/have the willies"

Sun Aug 24 05:49:52 UTC 2014

I can see some citations in the 1890s connecting "the willys" and "the
willies" to delirium tremens. Saying that a person "had the 'willies'"
meant the person was experiencing delirium tremens.

I will post some citations later or someone else may post them first.

Of course, one may still wonder why the DTs were called "the willies".
Garson