Bob's Your Uncle: Antedating and History

Baker, John JBAKER at STRADLEY.COM
Tue Aug 26 10:51:32 UTC 2014

Can you point to the ADS-L archive?  It didn't show up in an archives search.

John Baker

-----Original Message-----
From: American Dialect Society [mailto:ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Stephen Goranson
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2014 4:17 AM
To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Re: Bob's Your Uncle: Antedating and History

The 1924 use in Scotland is noted in ADS-L archives, as well as three uses in a 1932 book, the bulk of which 'originally appeared in the Glasgow "Evening Times" and other portions in the Glasgow "Evening News" and "Daily Record and Mail" and the "Scottish Field."'

Stephen Goranson
http://people.duke.edu/~goranson/