"I had a baby skunk his name was Pepe."

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Wed Aug 27 01:52:50 UTC 2014

On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 8:35 PM, W Brewer <brewerwa at gmail.com> wrote:

> Prescriptive S&M:  Humiliation & Schadenfreude in the classroom. Mmm ...
> Feels so good. Do it again.

The sentence was posted to Facebook by an adult responding to a photo of a
baby skunk. My own WAG is that the writer has hypercorrected "whose" to
"his" in writing, as opposed to those who hypercorrect "whose" to "who's."

A further WAG is that English classes are no longer concerned with the
trivialities of spelling, since, WTF?, the point is communication. Surely,
no one who reads the sentence in context can possibly fail to grasp its
meaning.

Unless, perhaps, the context was a service contract.

Youneverknow.

--
-Wilson
-----