[Ads-l] Black Friday in Rochester, NY, 1961

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Mon Dec 1 15:06:09 UTC 2014

At 11/30/2014 09:01 PM, Dave Hause wrote:
>Because they have to deal with the horrible traffic jams.  Idiocy doesn't
>wait until they (drivers/shoppers) get into the stores.

As is explicitly stated in the 1 December 1961,
Shortsville-Manchester Enterprise (Shortsville, NY) item that Barry
sent Ben.  And at least these days, they may have to deal with
traffic jams and brawls near store entrances.

 From the outside, one might think that the origin of "Black Friday"
was in a perfect storm -- traffic jams, bus strike in Shortsville,
busy shopping day, emplyes protesting they weren't given a day off --
and all requiring police attention.

Joel