Youneverknow.

Wed Feb 5 06:44:49 UTC 2014

Oddly, November is misspelled in the same way, i.e., "Novemeber" in
the metadata title given by GB and that given by HathiTrust. Many of
the scans in HathiTrust were created by Google, but the metadata is
sometimes superior.

In this case, the HathiTrust metadata for publishing date and location
has question marks indicating that the librarian was unable to
determine the date or location with assurance.

The first volume is in full view but the second volume is blocked. The
match for "different strokes for different" is on page 5 of volume 2.
The second volume has 16 matches for term "1971". Based on the GB
snippets and the HathiTrust matches I think volume 2 was published
after 1971 with very high probability.

http://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/001283092

Title: A study of the roles of attitudes and motivation in second
language learning; final technical report, Novemeber 25, 1961.
Published: [Washington? 1961?]

Victor and Wilson: Excellent point. Books and volumes are sometimes
physically combined or joined.

Both GB and HathiTrust should be electronically splitting data objects
that contain multiple volumes or issues. For example, a data object
that contains 12 monthly issues should be split into 12 data objects.
Each data object would contain only the pages in one monthly issue.

Once splitting is properly implemented it would be possibly to
precisely identify the issue containing a match and the search engine
could report this information.

Garson