Fact-checking question from Freakonomics / Shaw quote

Hugo hugovk at GMAIL.COM
Thu Feb 6 09:04:38 UTC 2014

A slight antedating -- I've found a probable Saturday, February 18, 1933.

It's a Google Books snippet, but the same page is dated. GB says it's
"Commercial West, Volume 65", Commercial West, Co., from 1932, but
more likely a later volume given the year.

Page 27 has the exact same text as the May Reader's Digest:

[Begin excerpt]
George Bernard Shaw once addressed a company as follows: "I suppose
that you seldom think. Few people think more than two or three times a
year. I have made an international reputation for myself by thinking
once or twice a week."
[End excerpt]

http://books.google.com/books?ei=TEnzUse0LIXp4wSF8IDACw&id=lssaAQAAMAAJ&dq=%22thinking+once+or+twice+a+week%22&focus=searchwithinvolume&q=%22international+reputation%22

http://books.google.com/books?id=lssaAQAAMAAJ&q=%22thinking+once+or+twice+a+week%22&dq=%22thinking+once+or+twice+a+week%22&hl=en&sa=X&ei=TEnzUse0LIXp4wSF8IDACw&redir_esc=y

Here's the "Saturday, February 18, 1933" date at the top of page 27:

http://books.google.com/books?ei=TEnzUse0LIXp4wSF8IDACw&id=lssaAQAAMAAJ&dq=%22thinking+once+or+twice+a+week%22&focus=searchwithinvolume&q=%22Life+insurance+1932+showing+is+good%22

This volume doesn't seem to be in HathiTrust or Internet Archive.

Hugo